Monday, May 3, 2010

Surgery Postponed...OY OY OY

Believe it or not, it was my brother who had to calm ME down today..although from what I hear, when he got the news...he was also fit to be tied.
May 7th....this Friday was to be the original date of surgery, and after spending the day with my brother this past weekend, we all knew that this date could not come soon enough. I can honestly say, that until you have sat next to him on the couch, you really cannot even grasp the severity of the situation.
The only way I can describe it is by comparing the sound of his lungs to a large bubbling, gurgling, crackling aquarium....like the Newport Aquarium.
He has a hard time getting through a sentence without coughing and listening to him tell a story, you find yourself wanting to breathe for him....you can see his neck pulling in and out, you can almost feel his pain. As he talks...you look around the room, and you notice that his audience are all watching him, and without even knowing they are doing it, they all have their hands clutched to their chests.
They all feel it....
I'm not saying all this so you feel pity on him..that's the last thing he would want. I'm saying this b/c I'm so PISSED OFF that he's not getting this surgery this Friday.
And I'm also saying this because I'm in Shock and AWE at how STRONG he is.
Basically, what this is boiling down to is Insurance. .I don't know all the details..basically, there has been a lapse, and he has no insurance right now.
His hands are tied...they had to cancel the surgery, he will need to file for Medicaid..and once that is approved his surgery will be a go again, which HOPEFULLY will be sometime in JUNE.
So, he is positive..and upbeat.....and he is seeing this as a blessing in disguise. Right now, he is very weak and sick. And maybe...just MAYBE this is all happening for a reason. MAYBE, he needs this time to get stronger and get his body ready for this surgery.
That is what we are choosing to believe.
That is what we have to believe.
Keep the prayers and vibes coming......
Just another month to wait now...

No comments:

Post a Comment